The intent is for all to fast all day on Monday until after the prayer. If you have a medical condition, please consult a doctor before undertaking the fast.
For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” But if you bite and devour one another, beware lest you be consumed by one another! Galatians 5:13-15
In 2021 we must be diligent in living out our common salvation as the Ekklesia — God has called us out of the world and into His Holy Church to be salt and light in the earth. We have entered a season where we must contend earnestly for the faith which was once delivered to the saints. The whole counsel of God must be sought after, and nothing less:
1. We must be committed to praying in the Spirit.
2. Keeping ourselves in the love of God as we look for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
3. With compassion for others, we will bring many to salvation with fear, hating the garments that have been defiled, as we endeavor to pull them out of the fire in accordance with the word of God.
1. I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish. Galatians 5:16-17
Father we thank You for the liberty and freedom that we have in Your Spirit. Teach us to walk in Your Spirit so that Your people will not fulfill the lust that is in our flesh. We pray for strength in our innermost being to never use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh. Thank You for the amazing grace that keeps us and gives us strength when we are weak — for when we are weak, Your strength is made perfect in our weakness.
2. Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. Galatians 6:1
Lord we pray for compassion and wisdom as we seek to restore those who have been overtaken in any trespass. Give us a word of reconciliation to impart in a spirit of gentleness that is without judgment and full of love. As we consider Your grace towards us while restoring such persons lest we ourselves also be tempted.
3. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. Galatians 6:8
Our Father and our God, we have decided to lay aside every weight and the sin that so easily sets us back. No longer will we sow to the flesh because we are not called to reap corruption. For You have called us to everlasting life, and so we endeavor to sow to the Spirit as we live in Your presence both now and forever.
4. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. Galatians 6:9-10
Lord Jesus, You went about doing good as You healed all who were oppressed by the devil. We pray tonight that a release of that same anointing be imparted to Your people. Let is rest upon us so that we will not become weary in doing well. Just as You were given the Spirit without measure, give us a supply that will never run out. Anoint us with fresh oil as we do good to all, and especially for those who are of the household of faith.
5. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love, having predestined us to adoption as sons by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His will, to the praise of the glory of His grace, by which He made us accepted in the Beloved. Ephesians 1:3-6
Gracious Father, we thank You for making us accepted in the Beloved. What manner of love is this, that One should die for our sins. Even He who knew no sin willingly became sin for our sake — that in Him we could become the righteousness of God. So we come to give thanks tonight for our acceptance into the family of GOD!
6. In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence, having made known to us the mystery of His will, according to His good pleasure which He purposed in Himself, that in the dispensation of the fullness of the times He might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven and which are on earth—in Him. Ephesians 1:7-10
Thank You LORD for redemption and the forgiveness of sins according to the riches of Your grace that abounds towards us. We rejoice in hope knowing that all things are gathered together in Christ, things that are in heaven and which are on earth. We are given access to sit in heavenly places with Christ Jesus because of the precious blood that was shed for our redemption.
7. And you He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, just as the others. Ephesians 2:1-3
Thank You Lord for making us alive in You and delivering us from the wrath that is to come. We are grateful that the spirit that is at work in the children of disobedience is not working in us because of Your grace and tender mercies. Walk with us daily as we strive to stay on that path that is straight and narrow that only a few shall find.
8. But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. Ephesians 2:4-7
LORD we come before You to give thanks for Your love and rich mercy. You loved us even when we were dead in trespasses and sin. Thank You for raising us up together, and preparing for us, a seat at the table in heavenly places with Christ Jesus.
9. Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
Let the redeemed of the LORD say so,
Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,
And gathered out of the lands,
From the east and from the west,
From the north and from the south.
Church-Wide Prayer Call:
Call-In Number: 1-701-791-9833
Back up Number: 515-604-9000
Enter the access code: 605781#
• Do not announce yourself if you call in after 7:55pm
• Mute yourself by pressing *6. To unmute, press *6 again
• Listen carefully and follow the prayer host’s instructions, including listening
to when the host calls each prayer section to a close.