The intent is for all to fast all day on Monday until after the prayer. If you have a medical condition, please consult a doctor before undertaking the fast.
Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith, which was once for all delivered to the saints. Jude 1:3
In 2021 we must be diligent in living out our common salvation as the Ekklesia — God has called us out of the world and into His Holy Church to be salt and light in the earth. We have entered a season where we must contend earnestly for the faith which was once delivered to the saints. The whole counsel of God must be sought after, and nothing less:
1. We must be committed to praying in the Spirit.
2. Keeping ourselves in the love of God as we look for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
3. With compassion for others, we will bring many to salvation with fear, hating the garments that have been defiled, as we endeavor to pull them out of the fire in accordance with the word of God.
1. Through the LORD’S mercies we are not consumed, Because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him. It is good that one should hope and wait quietly For, the salvation of the LORD. Lamentations 3:22-26
LORD we come boldly before Your throne tonight, because we know that your compassion never fails. Thank you for Your faithfulness towards us, as we experience new mercies every time that we open our eyes and see a new day. In You we have hope, therefore, we wait quietly in Your presence because You alone are our salvation.
2. For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. Ephesians 3:14-19
Father we pray that You would fill us with all Your fullness tonight. Strengthen us in our innermost being with might through Your Spirit. Cause Christ to dwell in our hearts through faith, so we can be rooted and grounded in love.
3. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written:
“For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.” Romans 8:35-36
Lord Jesus, we thank You for Your love and keeping power tonight. Because we know that nothing can separate us from Your love. You died that we might have a right to the tree of life, and so we endure hardness as good soldiers, being confident that for Your sake we have tribulations in this world.
4. Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39
Our Father and our God, we are more than conquerors because You have bestowed such great love upon us. Not sparing Your only begotten Son for our sakes, how then will You not freely give us all things by Him? We are fully persuaded that nothing will ever be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
5. For I,’ says the LORD, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.’ ” Zacharia 2:5
LORD be a wall of fire all around Philadelphia, and cause that fire to spread to Delaware, New Jersey, and across this nation. Reveal Your glory in our midst and bless the nations of the earth with Your fire that purifies.
6. Behold, is it not of the LORD of hosts That the peoples labor to feed the fire, And nations weary themselves in vain? For the earth will be filled With the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, As the waters cover the sea. Habakkuk 2:13-14
LORD God, we wait patiently for Your word to be performed in our generation. As we see nations toiling in vain, we look forward to the day, when the earth is filled with the knowledge of Your glory, as the waters cover the sea — let Your glory cover us like the depths of many waters.
7. The voice of one crying in the wilderness: “Prepare the way of the LORD;
Make straight in the desert A highway for our God. Every valley shall be exalted And every mountain and hill brought low; The crooked places shall be made straight And the rough places smooth; The glory of the LORD shall be revealed, And all flesh shall see it together; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.” Isaiah 40:3-5
LORD, you have spoken and so it is, that Your glory shall be revealed in such a way that all flesh shall see it together. Make straight the path of Your people so that we can lift up our voices and cry out to prepare the way of the LORD.
8. Oh, clap your hands, all you people!
Shout to God with the voice of triumph!
For the LORD Most High is awesome;
He is a great King over all the earth.
Come on and clap your hands tonight and shout unto God with the voice of triumph. Our God is awesome and He is a great King over all the earth. He is the ruler of every nation, and He is worthy to be praised.
Church-Wide Prayer Call:
Call In Number: 1-515-604-9000 Access Code: 605781#
Back up Number: Call 1-857-957-1149
Enter the regular number: 515-604-9000
Enter the access code: 605781#
• Do not announce yourself if you call in after 7:55pm
• Mute yourself by pressing *6. To unmute, press *6 again
• Listen carefully and follow the prayer host’s instructions, including listening
to when the host calls each prayer section to a close.