Membership Engagement Coordinator
This is a part-time 24hr/week position that reports to the Church Administrator. The position requires excellent interpersonal, administrative, and computer skills. The position updates members on any ministry changes, answers questions regarding membership, help members resolve membership, and maintain the membership database.
For more information contact Pastor Wangui Mwangi at email@example.com
New Covenant Church of Philadelphia is seeking a passionate, knowledgeable, punctual, and detail-oriented sound engineer to record, mix, and edit music and audio during worship services, funerals, rental events, and special events. The sound engineer will set up, troubleshoot, and operate sound equipment in worship, recordings, funerals, and post-productions to ensure optimal sound quality in the house, on our live broadcast, and in recordings. Also, the sound engineer will be responsible for training other members of the media team on the essentials for operating equipment and mixing sound during worship. The sound engineer will be an active and essential member of our media team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
- Must establish and foster exemplary relationships with church staff, volunteers, and members.
- Model the vision of the New Covenant Church of Philadelphia of pleasing God by touching Philadelphia and beyond.
- Pray for Senior Pastor, ministerial and administrative staff and Church family.
- Attend all church-wide special events, funerals, meetings as needed, and worship services. Perform other duties as assigned by the Media Coordinator.
- A heart for worshiping God.
- Able to work in team settings and take directions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think quickly and react/troubleshoot properly in high-stress situations.
- Willing to attend training sessions and read/watch other training material for improving existing skills.
- Commitment and ability to work in and contribute to overall staff in a team-based environment.
- Mix sound during our Sunday worship services, Tuesday Night Bible Study, and special services/events as needed.
- Mix sound during technical rehearsals with the worship and media team.
- Perform sound checks to troubleshoot any equipment or audio issues prior to worship
- Perform post-production sound edits for recordings (video and audio).
- Ensure optimal sound on recorded footage.
- Train volunteers in operating sound equipment and effective mixing.
- Confer with the Worship Leader, Music Director, and Pastor to establish cues and directions.
Either has experience mixing audio successfully in the live environment or is willing to attend training and work alongside a mentor. - Have good communication skills. - Ability to think quickly and react/troubleshoot properly in high-stress situations. - Willing to attend training sessions and read/watch other training material for improving existing skills.
Confer with the Worship Leader, Music Director, and Pastor to establish cues and directions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED FOR THIS POSITION
- Formal live sound training and a minimum of 3 years of continuous professional Sound Engineering experience. Applicants that demonstrate necessary gifting will also be considered. Knowledge and ability to operate a Behringer Wing Digital Mixer
- Experience serving in a church or worship setting is preferred.
- Solid understanding of industry-standard practices and techniques.
- Live sound engineering of large venues consisting of at least 40 channels.
- Fluent with both analog and digital consoles.
- Experience mixing different genres of music, including gospel.
- Strong attentiveness and detail-oriented.
- Leadership skills for directing a team of volunteers.
Knowledge of the Adobe Suite is a plus.
Knowledge of Digital Audio Workstations is a plus.
Sunday Mornings & Thursdays
Flexibility for special events and funerals on weekdays and weekends.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org